1. Where can I find my team’s schedule?
A. Schedules are posted online
2. Is it possible that the posted schedule subject will change?
A.Yes, all schedules are subject to change. We try to make minimal changes; however, unexpected and last-minute gym cancellations do occur. Please double check your schedule after 12:00pm the day before your game is scheduled to play. (E.g., Friday for Saturday games, Monday for Tuesday games)
3. Who do I contact if we are not going to use our practice gym?
A. Talk to your community director to see if any other team wants the practice time. If no one else wants the practice time, please e-mail the gym name, cancelled date, community name and time booked to email@example.com a minimum of SIXTEEN days prior to the cancelled booking. Any cancellations made after that date will be subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee.
4. If I have a concern with my coach or team, who do I call
A.If you have a concern with your team officials, please speak with them directly about it. If not resolved, please contact your Community Director. The phone numbers for Community Directors are available on the EYBA website.
5. What happens if we don’t have money to pay the referees prior to the start of the game?
A. All referees MUST be paid prior to the start of the game. In the event that the referees do not receive payment before the game, the game will not be played.
6. What type of awards are presented during the EYBA City Playoffs?
A. Gold and silver medals will be presented to the first and second place teams in each division during the City Playoffs in March.
7. What should we do if we arrive at the gym for our game and a double booking has occurred? Which teams get to play their games?
A. Although they do not happen frequently, occasionally double bookings do occur. There are two options should this happen:
8. Why can’t my team play more games?
A. As available gym time is limited, we create our schedules to optimize the gym time that we do have.
9. Why do we play fewer games than last season?
A. Our gym bookings are not consistent from year to year. If less gym time is available, we are not able to schedule as many games.
10. Why aren’t we able to get more gym time?
A. The gym time available to us within Edmonton is distributed to various youth and adult sports, and other community groups (eg. Scouts, Brownies, etc.) through the Joint Use Agreement. The schools submit their available hours to the City of Edmonton and those hours are then divided among the user groups. We are not always able to obtain consistent times from year to year, as some schools may reduce their availability, another group may get the time, or it may exceed our “allotment” of overall hours.
11. What happens if a player is injured or an incident occurs during my game?
A. If either of those situations occur, an Incident Report is necessary and it must be submitted within 48 hours. The form is available on the EYBA website.
12. When does the basketball season start?
A. The Basketball season starts in October and runs until March.
13. When and where are the games played?
A. The EYBA games are played mostly on Saturday for Community teams with the occasional Friday night. The Bantam A and Midget A boys play all their games on Tuesday nights with the Bantam A and Midget A girls playing on Wednesday nights. Games can be played any where in the Greater Metro Edmonton area, ie St Albert, Sherwood Park, Beaumont, Leduc and Edmonton.